3.13.2010

Start of Swim For Denise

Hi friends/family,

Swim Across America is an organization dedicated to raising awareness and funds for the treatment and prevention of cancer, and for cancer research. The organization has swims in various places in the U.S., and this summer will be my 5th year participating in the Chicago swim. As most of you know, my mother, Denise Garvey, passed away on Sunday, June 8th, 2008 after a long battle with cancer. She battled with the help of the professionals at the Cardinal Bernardin Center. So on July 17th, 2010, my four teammates and I will swim 1.5 miles in Lake Michigan, and the funds raised in this swim will go toward the Cardinal Bernardin Center.

I have created this blog to update you about the training that my teammates and I will do in the weeks leading up to the event. I will also utilize the site as a space to post videos of our training and videos about fundraising. I will be updating a few times per week, and I hope that you will follow the updates to learn more about the organization and the work that my teammates and I do for it. The goal of the blog is to give you a better idea of why we like to swim in a cold lake at 8am.

Feel free to pass on this blog to any of your friends and family who you think will be interested. You can find out more about the Swim Across America organization by visiting www.swimacrossamerica.org/chicago And, remember, if you'd like to sponsor me visit www.swimacrossamerica.org/cgarvey or click on the title of this post and it will lead you right to my site.

Thank you so much for your support!

Love,
Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment